Careers Fairs, Skills & Apprenticeship Shows
Careers Fairs can range from a largescale event at a central location such as the Worcestershire Skills Show which takes place each Spring with hundreds of Worcestershire employers showcasing their business with over 5000 school students and job seekers attending to smaller-scale in-school events covering a range of business sectors, Post 16 Career options, Futures Days, World of Work Days and Meet the employer Days.
The annual Worcestershire Apprenticeship Show focuses on businesses who both have apprentices themselves or are wishing to recruit into their business , offering them the opportunity to show case their business and the benefits apprenticeships bring to Worcestershire’s young people. This event annually sees around 3000 young people and their parents in attendance.
Regardless of the size of the event, Careers Fairs provide the perfect opportunity for businesses to raise their profile and for students to discover what is out there in the world of work, exploring different entry routes and potential career pathways and all in one single location.
Top Tips for Delivery
- make sure everyone on your stand is prepared
- young people are more engaged if they can undertake a “Have A Go” style activity relating to your industry sector and/or highlighting a particular job role within your business.
- have different sets of material available depending on the particular year groups visiting your stand. Teachers should also be catered for as part of this activity to support their understanding of careers
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks
Find out more about the Gatsby Benchmark
Get in touch
- CEC Team and Junior Internships firstname.lastname@example.org
- Worcestershire Apprenticeship Hub 0300 666 3 666 email@example.com
- Worcestershire Education Business Partnership firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Enterprise 020 75491980 or email@example.com
- University of Worcester Careers@worc.ac.uk or 01905 855166