T Levels are new vocational routeway courses commencing in September 2020 in Worcestershire aimed at 16-18 year olds, following GCSEs and are an alternative to A Levels (broadly similar to 3 A Levels). These 2-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to tailor the content to meet the needs of industry and prepares students for the world of work.
T Levels offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience. T-level students will be required to complete a meaningful work placement of 45-60 days in length over the two years of their course, covering a minimum of 315 hours. This placement varies from the typical work experience model in that it has been designed to be a long-term project conducted by a student which adds real value to the student and the employer alike. An example would be a student supporting to implement a new social media marketing strategy or new IT package into an employer.
T Levels provide both the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.
T Level courses include the following compulsory elements
- a technical qualification, which includes :-
- core theory, concepts and skills for an industry area
- specialist skills and knowledge for an occupation or career
- an industry placement with an employer
Worcestershire LEP and its partners are looking to engage employers who can support a meaningful work placement element.
T Levels represent a great opportunity for employers to consider strategies to succession plan and fill future permanent roles within their organisation.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks
Find out more about the Gatsby Benchmark
Get in touch
- CEC Team and Junior Internships firstname.lastname@example.org
- Worcestershire Apprenticeship Hub 0300 666 3 666 email@example.com
- Worcestershire Education Business Partnership firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Enterprise 020 75491980 or email@example.com
- University of Worcester Careers@worc.ac.uk or 01905 855166